Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pinterest Finds: Make Your Own Worry Dolls

Hello readers :)

I'm sure you're like me and really enjoy spending copious amounts of hours on Pinterest. I know it's a favorite of my fellow interns and colleagues alike, so I thought I would make a blog post (and hopefully more in the future!) of my favorite Pinterest finds.

The first one that I want to share is one that I have personally seen some amazing results from: Make Your Own Worry Dolls.

These dolls are so easy to create and I can personally attest to them making huge amounts of progress with your clients and children alike. It is amazing what a child will do with these dolls to create them into their own dolls for their own special purposes.

If you aren't interested in clicking on the link, I will give you the directions here. But I will say this: Play Dr. Mom's blog is phenomenal. She's a therapist, like me, and has collected together some really fantastic activities that you can do at home with your children.

1. Take a pipe cleaner, fold it in half and then cut at the fold.

2. Twist one pipe cleaner to make a circle head and two arms.

3. Take the other pipe cleaner and twist that one around your first twist to make two legs.

4. Check the ends of your pipe cleaners for any points that might cause injury :) 

That's it! You can use them for a variety of situations with clients and rename them to fit their specific presenting concerns. 

Thanks for reading, and keep sowing the seeds of change with your little sprouts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment